Saturday, November 19, 2016

Holiday Leaves


It was such an awesome Autumn day. My niece and I gathered leaves and danced among the trees. It was so windy that it looked as if it was raining leaves!


I took the leaves we gathered and decided to include them in my Thanksgivng dinner. No,  we're not eating leaves for dinner, but we will be using them as dish place-cards on the buffet.


I spray painted the leaves gold and when they dried, I wrote the name of each dish I'll be preparing for our family dinner. A can of metallic spary paint cost about $5.00 and a permanent sharpie marker is perfect for writing on the leaves. Be sure to have fun with it. You can spray the entire leaf or just partially cover it.


Safety note: Wear gloves. Make sure that you spray leaves in a ventilated area. The smell can make you ill. I did mine in my inner patio which is properly ventilated.  I love adding a special touch to my decor and this was simple and inexpensive.


Be creative, be safe, go leaf hunting, have fun and embrace your journey.

Happy Thanksgiving 🍁

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun idea. Thanks for letting the girls help in gathering leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a really fun day with you and your girls. Thank you

    ReplyDelete