Friday, December 31, 2010

Reflections of 2010




It's always helpful to reflect on the year to evaluate your successes, failures, finances, relationships and life in general. This way you know what you need to improve upon as you venture into the new year. One of the things that I have done was write down where I have mis-stepped. I strive for balance in my life and I have fallen short in some areas. I have no regret because I know that one's life will never be in perfect balance.

As I reflect on 2010, I become humbled and grateful. This year was filled with challenges and promises and I appreciate every experience. During my reflection, I focused on my financial challenge.  Due to economic circumstances our business took a huge hit financially like most small businesses.  Financial obligations dictated that I venture out into a new experience while my husband continued working hard at saving our business. For the first time in eleven years, I've separated from my husband and our business and began a new career. My ability to 'let go' allowed me to embark upon this new venture without fear or hesitation. This challenge became a promise. I believe now that the past eleven years was preparing me for this new experience, which is my passion...helping women and children. I have the unique pleasure of positively impacting the health and lives of residents of public housing nationwide. The circumstances that led me to this career could have only been orchestrated by God.

I am thankful for all my experiences this year, both good and not so good, because they all contributed to my growth. I am a firm believer that 'everything is working together perfectly for my Highest good'. I have family and friends who love me in spite of my flaws.  Moreover, I have my Father who loves me in spite of myself and who continues to direct my path. His word is indeed a "lamp to my feet and a light for my path".(Psalm 119:105, NIV)

I no longer feel the need to 'control' every circumstance. For now, my ego is silenced and I have begun practicing to surrender. Surrendering has brought me a peace that surpasses all understanding. I don't make resolutions, I make plans. As I embark upon 2011, I plan to live on purpose and live my life filled with joy and love. I plan to pursue balance and live a more authentic life. In short, my plan for 2011 is to live victoriously!

I urge you to take some time and be present with your thoughts and reflections of 2010.  Write down the experiences you are grateful for and enter 2011 with a positive attitude. Remember, if you only say one prayer, let it be one of thankfulness. I pray that you experience the very best the New Year has to offer and that love, good health and favor be with you throughout the year!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment