We are so busy solving the problems of so many that we forget the most significant relationship......the one with ourselves. In an attempt to rekindle that relationship, we co-hosted an event with p2hF.org entitled, Selfcare...on the PATHWAY. This event was created to bring women together in an intimate, safe space to gather, share, unite and inspire each other to live a life of balance.
I'm basking in the glow of gratitude. Our event Sponsor, Relache Spa Gaylord National graciously provided us with the space including the invigorating room where the women enjoyed time in the sauna, jacuzzi and steam room. They also provided our guests with refreshments and gift bags to stimulate their senses.
I'm most grateful for our guests who inspired each other and me with some of their current self care practices.
Attendees were given tools and techniques to incorporate into their selfcare regimen along with a body scan meditation to enable them to be more mindful in their daily lives.
The following are some of the tools/techniques discussed.
- Take a different route to work once per week
- Lay outdoors on your back and focus on sky/clouds
- Unplug from technology for about 15 mins. per day. Work your way up to 1 hour.
- Go walking, running or climb stairs daily
- Be still. Sit outdoors in silence for 10 mins
- Admire your naked body. Be thankful for it
- Be kind. Help someone in need...a neighbor or a friend
- Be mindful and look for beauty in your travels to work or while running errands
- Take yourself on a date. Spend time with you.
Most importantly, our guests were told to get rest. Sleep is necessary for restoration and rejuvenation. In order to take care of others, we must take care of ourselves. Try including some of these tools into your daily lives. Let us know which ones you will give a try and why.
Be mindful, be kind, be present and embrace your journey.