Raising children is a challenging undertaking. Raising children alone appears to be the job of a superhero! There were times in my past when I've said that I felt like a single parent. I apologize for that statement because I do not have a clue what that is like. I might have had a little more juggling than my husband, but I was ever alone.
The single mothers that I know are strong, hard working and dedicated to their children's success. I admire their devotion and committment as they parent alone. It is important that all mothers support each other. As moms we need to encourage, uplift and support each other on our journey...and that includes single moms.
Ways in which you can reach out to the single moms in your life:
- Offer to take her kid(s) for a couple hours
- Assist her with carpool (school & activities)
- Arrange a babysitter for her and take her out for an evening of fun
- Ask her how you can help her
- Email her an inspirational quote
- Give her a call to check in with her
As you navigate through this journey of motherhood, remember to be kind and show love and support to those who are in need. Be supportive, be uplifting and embrace your journey!
"In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love" - Mother Teresa