Friday, August 11, 2017

Miracles in the storm!


Photo credit: Chris Valentine 

You know when you have a dream or lofty goal for yourself and you are afraid to share with others because they may cast doubt or you may feel that' it's unattainable and you don't want to feel embarrassed if it doesn't materialize......well that used to be me many years ago until I learned that sharing my story is more helpful than hurtful and someone will be blessed by my transparency. My faith, believing in miracles and dreaming out loud while working in expectation creates a positive force so strong that nothing negative can penetrate and take me off my path. And if I fail or experience stormy times, it's just another opportunity to change course because there are miracles in the storm.

Now, having said that; it doesn't mean that I don't feel some trepidation (after all, I am human). However,  it is my firm belief that if I'm constantly nudged by my inner voice about the same thought, then it must be placed there by my Creator. And if He placed it there, I have nothing to worry about so I Dream out loud and keep believing!

You'd be surprised how many people want to see you fail. People who don't even know you...there's just something about you they don't like. Likewise, there are many who are rooting for you and want to see you succeed. I cheer people on and pray for their success. People I don't even know! They would've posted a dream, goal or struggle on social media and as soon as I read it, I stop and say a prayer. Some of you have inboxed me asking why I put myself out there talking about my challenges in life. The answer is simple.  To bless others who may be going through a similar experience. I want folks (especially women) to know that they're NOT the only ones going through tough times. I also want them to see that they can find moments of joy and witness miracles  while going through their storm.


A couple years ago I had this desire to host a Talk Show and I did with the support of my family, namely, my husband. Nonetheless, we stopped taping due to some issues. But get this, episodes are still airing on Comcast. So I've decided to revamp, retool and recharge my dream and resume taping the first quarter of 2018.  I'm also diligently penning my book which I affirm will be completed December 1, 2017. Once again, I'm putting myself out there. Why? Because a Dream delayed is not a dream denied. You have to speak life over your life and walk in your Purpose.  You have to believe that you deserve all the good that's coming your way. I believe that in spite of my current struggles, my blessings will overtake me. Deuteronomy 28:2.  Miracles abound! Everyday, I witness miracles....yes....every single day! They're very easy to see during storms because we are more acutely aware of our circumstances and the storms draw us nearer to God for shelter.


I experienced financial hardship just before my son was about to enter his freshman year in college. It was a very tough time but we managed to find joy in the midst of it. We witnessed abundant miracles/blessings also. It was August 2012. We were broke! How broke?  Let's  just say the type of broke that causes you to take cold showers cause your gas was turned off! Yup....THAT BROKE!!! My sister bought my son's stuff for his dorm. Some might say that we should've just let him stay home. But that was NOT an option! He believed that money would come and that he'd be okay. He was right! The God we serve performs miracles daily in our lives. We work hard, we pray often, we exercise our faith and we believe! November of 2012, we were called to support sheltering efforts during Hurricane Sandy (our company supports the government during federally declared disasters). Within 24 hours of Notice to proceed, we contracted 200 personnel and headed to NYC and Suffolk County. In 11 days this broke couple generated a little over 1.2 million dollars in revenue!  Not only did we receive an 'EXCEPTIONAL' rating for our work (the highest rank a company can get in CPARS), but also, our exceptional work caused other major contractors to seek us out as teaming partners. Talk about miracle in the storm!

There's a lesson here. No matter what struggles you might be experiencing, keep dreaming, keep believing. Don't give up. Don't give in! Your miracle is fast approaching. Don't let negative people cause you to stop dreaming!  When I openly talked about my hardship,  I never stopped dreaming and  I'm sure some folks prayed for me and blessed me. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there and Dream Out LOUD! There's a blessing with your name on it. God will send you Divine connections and a bountiful harvest! Look for the miracles, stay faithful, stay encouraged and embrace your journey.

6 comments:

  1. Amen 🙏 Great testimony for others that to weather many storms. Your an inspiration to me and I know your harvest is soon approaching 😚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your unwavering love & support ❤️

      Delete
  2. Nicole, your struggles and triumphs are an inspiration, just as your infectious spirit is. You will reach your goals and dreams!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy you chose transparency over silence. You journey is a blessing to many. Don't be silent. I am joining you in prayer as a man of faith and I am sure my wife will when she reads your blog. Stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much my friend. I appreciate you & ALWAYS welcome prayer. Our God is awesome and EVERYTHING that Darnell and I accomplish is for His Glory. God has blessed us and is always fighting with and for us. Deuteronomy 20:4. He is faithful. Blessings to you and the family.

    ReplyDelete