Friday, February 10, 2017

MOVE...by Faith




I was sitting and reminiscing on a day back in September. A day that was difficult... a day I awoke with the feeling of emotional paralysis. I did not want to move. I felt overwhelmed. I was responsible for Lector duty at church that day. I volunteered to pick up food at a friend's restaurant and deliver to the center where we serve lunch to the homeless community on Sundays.....and I did not want to move!!!

You see, I had no gas and I did not have anything to prepare for our homeless guests. So I thought that I should just lay in bed, wallow in self pity and not move. It's amazing how we feel so privileged that a little bit of hardship could cause us to lose faith. The irony was that I was due to feed the homeless; and there I was blessed to be in a house with 7 bedrooms and 5 full bathrooms surrounded by the love of my family feeling sorry for myself and the hardship I was experiencing. The people I was about to serve had nothing but the bags they carry with them.

Suddenly, something overcame me and I jumped out my bed. I thought it would be selfish of me not to fulfill my responsibility to proclaim God's Word as Lector. I remember feeling a rush of energy come over me, and in Nicole fashion started yelling for the kid and husband to get dressed.


I remember vividly being overwhelmed by a flood of emotions when I opened the car door. I felt a Divine presence surround me that is inexplainable. As I opened the car door, there was a foil pan with mac and cheese on the seat of the car. As I turned the car on, the gas gauge read FULL! Even as I write this the love that I feel for God and my family brings me to tears. My sister came by and delivered the dish. She was unable to volunteer that day but wanted to send a dish. Also, knowing that I had no gas, she took the car, filled it and dropped it back before we awoke that morning. She has a spare key since the car I was driving was hers.  I sat in gratitude for not only the gifts received, but also, for being obedient and MOVING!!!


You see, you never really know what others may be going through. Life throws us curve balls from time to time. Being in business for 18 years has taught me to accept that sometimes business has its ups and downs; or as my husband calls it "Feast and Famine". However, God is in the blessing business and when He assigns you a task; He sends angels to assist you in fulfilling the Mission....and at times you may be called to be someone's angel....be obedient and MOVE! Faith doesn't work unless you do as stated in James 2:14-17 -
[" What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but do not have works? ... If a brother or sister is naked and lacks daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and eat your fill,” and yet you do not supply their bodily needs, what is the good of that? So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead." ]

Faith and obedience create a transformation; at least it did for me that day in September. I had to move in order to be blessed and be a blessing. Because I moved, I was able to receive the blessing in time to proclaim God's Word at church and afterwards, bless homeless friends with not only the mac and cheese but the 4 dishes from Mayur Kabob's restaurant. My work (no matter how small) with our homeless neighbors is a 'Calling' that I humbly accept and enjoy. No matter what life throws at me,     God always makes it possible for me to show up for them.

I learned a few lessons that day....

  • Obedience is rewarded. Move so that Spirit can bless you and use you to bless others. 
  • I have a loving and supportive family that I can depend on, ALWAYS, 
  • It's not about me...It's all about the Mission. 
  • Trust the process. 
  • God makes EVERYTHING possible  ðŸŒŸ
Be obedient, trust God, accept your Calling and embrace the journey!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful testimony. Brought me to tears but yes there are many angels out there that also trust in him and remain obedient to his will. Now its time to write that book. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are an everpresent angel in my life. Thank you for always being there for me!

      Delete
    2. Your obedience have taught me how to trust in God. Further your honesty and heartfelt act of random kindness to others is more than a wonderful example that I so humbly pray and ask God that I can continue to follow. Stay forever blessed

      Delete