Saturday, September 20, 2014

The Very Busy Mama's guide to Fall Style!

Photo courtesy: Very Busy Mama Blog

On Saturday, I attended a Fall Style Session at South Moon Under a trendy clothing store on the National Harbor in Maryland. This event was hosted by Maria Jose of Very Busy Mama. Maria did an amazing job hosting this event complete with a beauty bar, sweet treats, loot bags and lots of prize giveaways! O and a fab DJ!!!


The most striking observation I made at this event was how warm and charming Maria was. During her presentation, she explained how layering and a pop of color can make a world of difference in a mom's Fall wardrobe. She encouraged us to embrace our inner fashionista and not just look for trends, but for pieces that flatter our body type and make us feel sexy. When challenged, I found a sexy black maxi skirt, a flirty pink blouse and matched it with a bad ass biker style jacket. I felt quite empowered in my search. That ensemble won me a private make up session in my home! Now THAT'S cool stuff! 
Nicole and Maria

One of my faves was the beauty bar with Irina. Even though I walked in with some make up, she sat me in her chair and enhanced my look without dramatic flair. She made my eyes pop and I felt sexier than when I entered.


The thing I love about this event, is that it not only enabled us to shop in a place we may have thought was too trendy, but it also brings women together and gives us a sense of community. We were encouraging each other, cheering each other on and bonding. This event was so much fun. I really hope Maria will return for a Holiday Style session to remind us moms that we reserve the right to be sexy, fashionable and comfortable and the Holidays are no exception.

Nicole with make up artist Irina

Check out Maria's blog for more style and fashion tips. Be fashionable, be curious, be empowered and embrace your journey!

RESOURCES
Boutique
South Moon Under

Makeup Artist
Irina Gerasimova





No comments:

Post a Comment