It's August and summer is slowly coming to an end as the new school year approaches. It's time to get the little ones re-adjusted to normal sleeping patterns in preparation of school re-opening. Don't wait for a couple days prior to the opening. Some kids are anxious if they're starting a new school. Others need some advance notice to get used to the idea that school is about to start. The best time to start is now!
The following tips are a guide to get your little and big kids ready for school.
- Let your kids know how many weeks are left before school starts (countdown approach).
- Get back to normal sleep patterns and bedtime routines.
- Get kids excited about the upcoming school year by taking a trip to the school and even stopping in briefly, if permitted.
- Take kids shopping for school supplies and have them choose some of their supplies.
- Go through recipe websites and have kids explore school lunch or dinner options.
- Have kids prepare some sample lunches they'd like to take to school
- If kids have summer assignments, get them started now before. Waiting for the last minute creates anxiety.
- Moms~ purchase supplies to get yourself organized for the busy school year. Don't forget to purchase a calendar and if you have the school's calendar of events, mark your calendars!
- Be upbeat and positive about the upcoming school year so as to keep your child in a positive and upbeat mood.
- Schedule an appointment for your kid's annual physical and ensure vaccinations are current.